What do you do when your best laid plans for the day go awry?
Tips for navigating with curiosity and grace.
- Assess the severity of the “life happens moment” (if it warrants, release your initial plans)
- Do what it takes (assuming you go forward and don’t have an emergency on your hands)
- Take yourself lightly
- Expect distraction and disruption
- Use tools like meditation, mindfulness, etc to ground in the moment and let the chaos and stress be there without controlling you
- Mistakes may happen (be kind and forgiving about it)
- Let it go and begin again
Links mentioned in the show:
- Pamela Slim’s #commtour
- One Moment Meditation
- Meditation for Beginners (Mindful.org)
- Jon Kabat Zinn (Mindfulness CDs, books)
Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
Regular RSS Feed
If you have a chance, please leave an honest review of the podcast here. Reviews are the currency of podcasts over at iTunes and it will help the show’s ranking immensely. I really appreciate it!
Not sure how to subscribe, rate, or review? No problem! Here’s a quick video tutorial of how to do just that.