Who We Are
The Paula G Company, LLC takes privacy and security very seriously. Our website address is: https://thepaulagcompany.com.
This policy is to inform you of the type of personal information the site collects and how it is processed and used, per US/EU Privacy Guidelines.
About The Paula G Company LLC
The Paula G Company LLC is a coaching and consulting company based in the United States. It’s main activities include providing resources, information, and consulting services to small businesses and individuals primarily based in the United States.
Anonymous Information Collected
An IP address is an anonymous bit of data dropped by all site visitors (both human and bots). It is tracked by the following entities for better security, content creation, and marketing purposes.
Your browser may also send response headers with generic/anonymized information about the type of browser, computer/device, and ISP you are using, and your location by country only.
- Google Analytics – so I can discover the type of content you find most helpful and create more of it. (Note: Google does not have access to this data.)
- Facebook Pixel Tracking – so I can retarget ads to like-minded site owners on that social platform. (Not your email, just anonymous IPs)
- A2 Hosting – kept in the server logs so the host can identify and stop bad bot attacks.
- Cloudflare – so the CDN can identify and stop bad bot attacks.
- YouTube – if you view a YouTube embedded video on the site, the IP info is sent to YouTube to record that the video has been viewed, just as it would if you had watched it directly on YouTube.
My list service provider is Active Campaign.
If you elect to subscribe, your email address will be stored on their servers. You can access your info any time by clicking the Manage Subscription link at the bottom of any email you receive from me.
I never have, and never will share your email address with any person or entity for marketing purposes. That includes Facebook. I will never upload my email list to that platform or any other.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you submit a contact form via this website, your email address is not used in any other way than for me to directly email you from my email address for the purpose of scheduling a meeting/addressing your request.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics is used on this site so I can discover the type of content you find most helpful and create more of it. (Note: Google does not have access to this data.)
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
SSL encryption is used throughout this site. Security measures are used throughout the site to prevent any breaches to anonymous or personal data.
If you purchase one of my services, the following data is shared:
- Square – PCI-Compliant and used for direct invoicing or stored/online payments after you give prior permission for recurring/manual payments.
- GSuites – runs my entire back office, including email, CRM, and all project data. Site Info docs are deleted after the project is complete. Emails are retained. (Note: Google does not have access to this data.)
- Vendors – I normally do all of your site work myself, and do not outsource anything without your knowledge. But, if I am sharing your project with another webmaster or designer you have approved, then your project info will have been shared with them, but only with your explicit permission.
- Data backups are provided by Amazon Web Services
- Contact Forms – Some contact form data is temporarily stored in the database for 6 months, including your email address. Following that period your email address is retained in GSuites so I can reply to you (see above).
The Paula G Company LLC frequently links to helpful info and resources provided by other bloggers and vendors.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you on their site. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave The Paula G Company LLC, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. Affiliate relationships will be explicitly disclosed.
You can disable cookies through your own browser settings. Check with the browser vendor for more info on how to do that, if you wish.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Paula G Company LLC makes no representation, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any privacy polices of 3rd party entities that information is shared with.
You’re welcome to contact me directly with any concerns you may have about your info that is collected through the site.