Do you work very hard at making any challenges you are facing complex and convoluted in your mind? Don’t worry, it’s not personal or a character flaw, it’s just what people do. If you’re a smart, intelligent, high achieving woman it is likely that you make things seem extra complicated in your mind (you’re an overachiever, right?!).
I know I have certainly had more than my share of this.
How do you know if you’re making it harder than it needs to be? Well, you’re likely to be feeling:
- Overwhelmed with all the things you need to do and the constant juggling act.
- Frustrated and ready to bang your head against a wall.
- Befuddled as to how to untangle your way out of whatever mess you’re in.
I have been there… literally pulling my hair out, banging my fists against the wall, and dare I say throwing the occasional piece of technology at the pinnacle of frustration. What can I say; I used to have a huge temper…
Then suddenly (after lots of practice), I discovered that it doesn’t have to be that hard. The best solutions, wisest decisions, and optimal results don’t arise out of complexity they emerge from simplicity.
You might be thinking – “It can’t be that simple! You don’t understand how important/big/unique my business or personal challenge is!”
I didn’t say it was always easy; I said it was simple.
Think about it. How many times have you struggled with a challenge so hard and so long it felt like you were wrestling a slippery pig? Then, in the end… when you finally found a resolution, you felt the desire to smack yourself upside the head because it was that simple?
The reason it often takes so long to get there though is because we frankly like to make things harder than they are. It helps us feel important, validated, and needed.
But imagine if instead of struggling and listening to the myriad of negative mind chatter you could:
- Get quiet
- Experience more peace
- Allow a wise solution to emerge
How might that benefit you in terms of peace of mind? More effective solutions? More aligned actions? Greater results?
I thought so…
I have personally found and seen it happen in 100% of my clients that when you seek simplicity and quiet the madness you are naturally poised to tap into an infinite source of wisdom and possibility. You can hear the whispers of your intuition, allow the dust to settle, and see a clear, inspired next action to take.
This always, without fail, leads to better outcomes – for you and your business.
My coach’s request to you.
Next time you are facing a challenge or frustration do the following to activate a soul filled and simple solution:
- Stop. By all means stop digging yourself a deeper hole mentally, emotionally, and otherwise.
- Create breathing space. Take a walk, take a break, take a shower, meditate workout, etc. Whatever it takes, create space between you, the problem, and the next step action. (This is awesome for taming a temper too I might add.)
- Release control. Let go of your need and attachment to fixing things or finding some mythical perfect solution.
- Open to receive guidance. Allow insight and possible solutions to show themselves.
- Choose the path of simplicity. Make a decision or take your next action using the criteria that it must be simple. If it is not simple (again, it might not be easy…) go back to step 1 and repeat.
I can guarantee that if you take these steps rather than engage and wrestle that slippery pig (even if it’s only in your mind), you will set yourself up for more powerful choices, more pleasing results, and a heck of a lot more peace of mind.
Find yourself going in circles with challenges in your business or balancing your business and personal life? If so, by all means stop the insanity and apply for a complimentary Intuitive Intelligence Activation Session at https://www.thepaulagcompany.com/application