I just read this fabulous article from More Magazine called Reinvention is the Best Revenge. It drives home a few important points:
- A disappointment (or even a terrible tragedy) can actually be a blessing that opens the door to new possibilities you never would have considered while you were stuck in your status quo.
- You can’t worry about what others will think – people operate from their own perceptions and you and only you can make the wisest choices for you.
- Today is the only day you have at your disposal. Start making the changes you want to see right here, right now.
- Security is not what you think it is – so create your own (the only REAL security there is).
- Use your own authenticity (even the messy, sometimes embarrassing stuff) to propel you forward.